The Pacific Industrial and Business Association provides educational programs to link the community with representatives from the private sector, government, and academia to exchange ideas, concerns, information and best organizational practices. PIBA is committed to the well-being and sustain ability of the Bay Area Community, and to advancing educational dialogue to the shared benefit of all sectors of society. This mission is accomplished through PIBA's Events Committee, composed of volunteers, and its other educational outreach programs.
PIBA is organized primarily for the educational and charitable purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS Code of 1986, as amended (the "Code"). Since our inception in 1952 as a California nonprofit corporation, the Corporation has participated in various educational endeavors as a Section 501(c)(6) organization.
How PIBA Works
PIBA operates through its Events Committee, chaired and attended by active volunteers. The committee schedules seminars, workshops and meetings on subjects of vital interest to the Bay Area EHS Community. By engaging civic and municipal organizations in committee activities, PIBA members identify problems early, share information with qualified persons and resolve problems effectively.
Every dollar raised by PIBA’s committee activities and membership fees is used to support member services. As a non-profit, non-partisan organization, PIBA provides its members with a cost-effective means of participating in the development of legislative and regulatory measures affecting the Bay Area Community.
Your PIBA membership offers these unique advantages:
- Early information about legislative and regulatory concerns
- Involvement in the decision making process of all areas of government
- Concise, comprehensive regulatory and compliance updates
- Cost-effective seminars and workshops focused on major current topics affecting industry and business
- Easy access to civic leaders to express concerns and gather information
- Networking to enlarge your scope of business, vendor and customer contacts
- A practical alternative to costly in-house research and information resources
- Opportunity for collective action when dealing with controversial issues
- Professional growth and development through committee leadership opportunities
PIBA derives strength from its membership. We invite you to join PIBA, and to invite others who want to leverage their information resources and develop contacts. Your participation will increase our effectiveness in creating a better ehs community environment.